Here is a guide on how to install & use the DarkSide service as an APK & as a KODI / SPMC standalone addon.
- Service to be used on one device with one connection
This service streams HD live streams so ideally you need an internet speed of 10mb and above (with no ISP restrictions) you will also need a decent device, if you try and run it with a £29.99 cloned box from eBay you may encounter problems!
One of the common questions we get asked is, “Will this work on a FireStick?” simple answer is YES as long as you have decent internet!
If you haven’t yet subscribed then click the link HERE
Once you have subscribed you will automatically be granted access to the Darkside section of TheBlackBox forum, this will be your go to place for support and information / fixtures.
Ok, How to install…
You can find TheDarkSide APK in the Paradox Wizard, if you are unfamiliar with how to use the installer then please click HERE
1. Install theTheDarkSide APK from the Paradox Wizard
2. Open TheDarkSide
3. Enter your Username & Password which we will issue you by email – Please note that if you login and open up TheDarkSide and it is blank it means you have entered your login incorrectly, if you go into settings you can edit the login or reset to default and login again.
4. The channels will then load up, press left or right on your remote to change category to Sports, Movies, UK, USA etc.
5. Press the 3 lines button on your remote to bring up the context menu, from here you can change view modes & also access the Main Menu
6. From the Main Menu you will get a few options, the Settings menu is the option on the end (cog) if you select this you can configure TheDarkSide
7. From here you can change the Playback method to improve your streaming experience
8. I found for best results I switched from “Software” to “Native” or “Hardware” but see which works best for you.
9. You can also select the video camera icon to change screen size & also refresh the playlist to pick up any new channels and refresh the TV Guide, you can do this from the settings menu and selecting the “two arrows” button
10. Again going back to the Main Menu by pressing the three lines button on your remote, there is another option which enables you to view VoD (video on demand) the icon is best described as a downwards pointing arrow in a box!
11. Scroll down to VoD
12. You will now see lots of folders, with Movies, TV Shows, Fitness, some 4K simply open one up to see what’s available
13. If you scroll further down you will see some Box Set collections too
14. Once you have finished with the VoD section you can press the 3 lines button again to access the Main Menu & then toggle back to TV for live television
We assume that you are all familiar with how to use the Paradox wizard and will be comfortable installing the Darkside Build.
1.Once the build is installed go to the Paradox section and down to the IPTV Login submenu
2. Enter your existing Darkside username & password that were sent to you when you first subscribed
3. Follow the onscreen prompts and the build will close down, once it opens up it is ready to use!
Please also check this guide on how to perform a fresh start, update build and login to Darkside by clicking HERE
The above guide shows you how to login to the Darkside, the build uses ivue for a tv guide and you can find some iVue tips and tricks by clicking HERE
KODI / SPMC
This guide will show you how to install the Darkside addon that you can run TheDarkSide service from any build.
1. If you already have a Paradox build then this can be installed from the paradox repository – go into settings > addons > install from repository > paradox > video addons > Darkside (if you want to add it to another build then you must install our repo first which is http://paradoxwizard.co.uk/repo)
2. Once installed go into addons and scroll to Darkside addon
3. Press C on a keyboard or 3 lines on your remote to bring up the context menu & select Configure
4. The website & port will already be populated so just type your user name and password
5. Go back to Video Add Ons & open the Darkside addon and it will be ready to use – if it doesn’t open after you have configured it, then this means the details you entered are incorrect – you can go ahead and configure again with correct details and then open the addon.
New Additional methods
New additional service options…
works on all phones, PlayStations, xboxes pretty much anything with a browser I believe although this hasn’t been fully tested so you will need to experiment yourself, we recommend using the tried and tested methods above but it will do no harm to try these out
You’ll need a good reception on your phone (maybe wifi)
PlayStation / Xbox doesn’t play the VoD as they can’t play MP4 but handy to have for the TV side of things and live streams
Simply type the link in a browser on your PS4, Xbox or phone etc and access with your existing username and password
I have paid for a subscription but haven’t received a login? – please be patient, logins will be issued within 24 hours of your purchase – they do not become active until the email containing the login is sent.
It’s been 24 hours and I still haven’t received a login? – if you have not received your login within that time then please check your junk / spam email folders, if it still hasn’t been received then please email email@example.com and we will re-issue, we will only issue logins to email address that were used to purchase.
I am really struggling to understand these instructions, maybe this isn’t for me! how do I get a refund? – If for any reason you are not happy and require a refund then you must notify us within 48 hours of purchase, please note that if you do request a refund then we would politely decline any further subscription requests.
Can I use this on multiple devices? – it would be best all round if you stuck to the same device, however you can use on multiple devices as long as there is only ever one connection – to ensure there is only one connection make sure you are logged out before using on another device or risk having your IP locked out!
Can I take my box with the service on round my friends to watch the football? – Yes, of course.
Can I have a free trial & how long do they last? – anyone can have a free trial (once) and they last 24 hours, you can request one in the groups or via email firstname.lastname@example.org but there is no guarantee you will get one nor any response time due to being inundated with hundreds of requests per day, we can’t do them all sorry!
My favourite channel isn’t playing, the rest do but my favourite seems to be down? – channels do go up and down from time to time, do not panic this is sometimes unavoidable as sources are change and channels updated so there’s no need to go changing things at your side, instead send us an email at email@example.com to raise a ticket and we will look into it.
My favourite channel is buffering, the rest are fine but my favourite seems to buffer? – sometimes sources for channels do need updating so there’s no need to go changing things at your side, instead send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to raise a ticket and we will look into it.
I selected a channel but it didn’t play instead I got a totally different channel? – sometimes stream & channels do get mixed up, so there’s no need to go changing things at your side, instead send us an email at email@example.com to raise a ticket and we will look into it.
Not all channels are in HD ? – Not all channels are in HD it is mainly the sport channels, some sports are even in 1080p but majority of all other channels are standard definition,
No channels have loaded? – This means that you have entered your login details incorrectly, you can edit these in the TheDarkSide settings or again in settings you can reset to default, re-open the addon and re-enter your details.
All channels work but of all a sudden there is no EPG? – Check the Facebook group to see if this is a universal problem, if it isn’t then you can try refreshing the play list as per instructions in APK guide step 9. If this doesn’t solve the problem then in the APK settings select default and then re-enter your Darkside login & this will solve the problem.
The TV Guide isn’t fully populated? – This is something that will be added to in the future, but if you think it is considerably less than usual eg not all the UK channels are populated then you can try refreshing the playlist (see apk step 9) failing that you can set the apk to default, clear data & cache on both apps then open up and log back in.
My screen isn’t full size? – bring up the settings menu and select the video camera icon to change the size ratio and make it full screen
Channels are not playing? – You will get the odd channel not playing and it will quickly be updated you can refresh the channel list too to see if that helps but you can be assured any that are down will be back up soon! If next to none or no channels are playing then this will be an ISP restriction in place from your internet provider, to see how to turn them off, check the link HERE
There Seems to be a bit of a lag / shadow on the picture? – This is to do with the Playback setting and what works best for each device, setting it to “native” or “hardware” seems to be about the best, please see steps 7 & 8 of the APK guide above.
I am experiencing buffering? – even though these are premium streams you may still get the odd buffer but there should really be none to speak of or to concern you so if you are then firstly make sure your internet speeds are good enough as these are live HD streams, you can also reset your router to see if that helps. It is also a good idea to go through device maintenance, clearing cache etc.
I have treble checked password is correct, my ISP isn’t blocked and ISP restrictions are all off but still no channels play? – Reset the TheDarkSide addon to default, then go to the applications on your device and clear the data TheDarkSide, then re-open TheDarkSide and re-enter your login details.
KODI / SPMC
Channels are not playing? – You will get the odd channel not playing and it will quickly be updated you can refresh the channel list too to see if that helps but you can be assured any that are down will be back up soon! If next to none or no channels are playing then this will be an ISP restriction in place from your internet provider, to see how to turn them off, check the link HERE also make sure that you have opened Darkside addon via video addons (rather than program addons).
I am experiencing buffering? – Even though these are premium streams you may still get the odd buffer but there should really be none to speak of or to concern you so if you are then firstly make sure your internet speeds are good enough as these are live HD streams, you can also reset your router to see if that helps. It is also a good idea to go through device and build maintenance, clearing cache, clearing packages and thumbnails.
Some of the TV Guide channels are not working in ivue? (using TheDarkside Paradox build) – This happens when the channels have been updated to another source and it will be left for us to update the TV guide on a future build update, in the mean time open Darkside addon through video addons to watch the desired channel.
I am getting kicked out of channels? – This does happen from time to time and it’s usually just a case of restarting the stream, it is frustrating though so that’s why we recommend using the APK wherever possible. It is the same streams that are being used in KODI that are flawless on the APK so it definitely is a KODI playback issue that will be looked into & resolved in the future!
TheDarkSide just errors and doesn’t open for me to enter my login? – Please see steps 11-14 of the KODI guide above, you need to configure the Darkside IPTV addon with a correct username and password BEFORE you open it, if it doesn’t open after you have configured it, then this means the details you entered are incorrect – you can go ahead and configure again with correct details and then open the addon.
Please note that once you have paid we will send your login to the email address specified at checkout, this is not an automated process so please be patient – we will endeavour to issue logins within 24 hours of purchase (your account will not be active until we send the email) – if you have not received your login within that time then please check your junk / spam email folders, if it still hasn’t been received then please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will re-issue, we will only issue logins to email address that were used to purchase.
If for any reason you are not happy and require a refund then you must notify us within 48 hours of purchase, please note that if you do request a refund then we would politely decline any further subscription requests
Please note that as the day passes are only for 24 hours and they can’t be instantly activated, baring in mind you want to make the most out of them , please email email@example.com before hand letting us know when you want it to start and we will email back to confirm or suggest another time!
22,628 total views, 80 views today